10 Winter Wedding Ideas
by Vanessa Joy Photography
A winter wedding may not be the first season of choice for brides but it can be magical.
Read on for 10 amazing ideas on decor and more for the most wonderful time of the year!
1. Incorporate unique textures – winter is the time to add cozy textures like velvet, plaid. ribbons and silk into your decor or apparel. Adding these type of embellishments and details are sure to warm things up! Get festive by adding pine cones in florals and snowflakes into your stationary with laser cutting.
2. Sleeves on wedding dress – From beaded sleeve jackets to lace, wedding dresses with sleeves are making a statement and winter is the perfect time to showcase this trend. There are so many different variations from traditional to modern looks, you’ll be sure to find something that complements your style perfectly.
3. Have your bridesmaids wear shawls! – A removable item like a jacket or a shawl allows you to not compromise on warmer weather styles and still look amazing on the wedding day!
4. Highlight the cozy fireplace at your venue – Most venues will be decked out for the holiday season and this is something you can definitely play up on. Many venues have amazing fireplaces that go unnoticed in the summer months but this is your chance to add that warmth into your day.
5. Add Lanterns and cozy details as centerpieces – Lanterns and candle centerpieces create the ultimate cozy and the possibilities are endless. You can also spruce up your table decor by adding elements of the season such as cinnamon sticks, pine cones or cranberries mixed with flowers.
6. Wear your hair down – Forget about humidity and frizz, the winter months allow you to do what you want with your hair. Wearing your hair down provides extra warmth and a classic timeless bridal look.
7. Embrace a little bit of glam – From the bold red lip, to vintage jewelry, to sequins and glitter! There are so many options for wedding glam in the winter. The holidays are meant to be magical so its the perfect time to add those detailed embellishments.
8. Themed favors – There are so many different themed favor ideas for your winter wedding. If you have the ability to have a fire outside, you could gift your guests all the ingredients for smores. If you want your guests to enjoy something the next day, warm them up with hot cider or hot chocolate in a mason jar. Festive candles, a blanket or a wedding ornament are some other great ideas!
9. Incorporate warm gold or icy silver in your details — From florals, to decor, to DONUTS! Incorporating gold & silver into your day is easier than ever.
10. Choose a color scheme with darker colors – sometimes summer weddings feel to dark with hues of darker blues, black, deep reds or greens. If those are your ideal colors, the cooler months are the perfect time to embrace them!